SUMMER - Feta, rocket and olive pasta salad
Our healthy pasta salad, bursting with herby goodness can be made in a matter of minutes.
Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time:10 to 30 mins
• 350g/12oz penne, rigatoni or other similar shaped pasta
• 8-10 large sprigs of mint, leaves removed, and chopped/torn if large
• 150g/5oz frozen peas
• 200g/7oz feta cheese, crumbled
• 50g/2oz bag of rocket leaves
• 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
• flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• extra virgin olive oil
• 20-30 good-quality marinated green olives, pitted
1. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water with 2 sprigs of the mint for the time given on the packet. 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the peas. Once the pasta and peas are cooked, drain in a colander and shake under cold running water until cool. Discard the mint sprigs.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and add the feta cheese, rocket, remaining mint, the lemon zest and half the juice, salt and pepper and a good glug of olive oil. Either roughly chop or smash the olives in a pestle and mortar and add to the pasta. Toss well and add more lemon juice, seasoning or olive oil, if preferred.
3. Pack in suitable containers for taking on a picnic or serve warm as part of a main course or starter with a barbecue