SUMMER - Pasta with Ratatouille
A quick and simple way of an easy dish!
Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 to 30 mins
• 200g/7oz sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
• 200g/7oz parsnips, peeled and cut in large pieces
• 200g/7oz carrots, washed and cut in large pieces
• 110g/4oz red onions, cut in quarters
• 3-4 cloves garlic
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 75ml/2½fl oz clear honey
• 2 sprigs rosemary, plus extra chopped rosemary to garnish
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 500g/1lb 2oz packet of pasta
• 800ml/1 1/3 pint Tomato Frito
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Place all the vegetables and the garlic on an oven tray and drizzle with the olive oil and honey. Add the sprigs of rosemary and season well. Cook for about 20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender and browned.
3. While the vegetables are in the oven, cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
4. Remove vegetables from the oven, squeeze the cloves of roasted garlic over the vegetables and tip everything in a saucepan.
5. Add the tomato frito, bring to the boil and allow to simmer gently for a minute or two.
6. Serve on top of the pasta and garnished with chopped rosemary.
Serve with crusty bread or a slice of two of garlic bread!