WINTER - Pancake Day - Tuesday 13th February
• 100g plain flour
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
• lemon wedges or squeezy lemon, to serve (optional)
• caster sugar, to serve (optional)
1. Put the flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
2. Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 min on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
3. Serve with lemon wedges or add a squeeze of lemon and sugar, or your favourite filling. Once cold, you can layer the pancakes between baking parchment, then wrap in cling film and freeze for up to 2 months.