Winter Warmer - Sausage Casserole
Smarten up sausages and sneak in a few vital veggies too with this comforting midweek meal.
• 8 sausages
• 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
• 4 red onions, cut into wedges
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 250ml vegetable stock
• 1 tbsp x 20g pack basil
1. Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put the sausages, pepper and onion into a roasting tin, then roast for 20 mins.
2. Lower oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6, then tip tomatoes and stock over the sausages. Add sugar and most of the basil to season, then stir well.
3. Roast for another 20 mins. Serve with a slice of garlic bread.